Thursday 22 February 2018

The Greatest Showman

So it's Thursday already, sadly i'm releived that this week will soon be over.

Last night we went to see The Greatest Showman as a family. It was a late showing so i was already thinking about how tired one or all of us would be but we had tea at MacDonald's first and then went to the movie. Actually it was a successful evening  after an afternoon that left me feeling completely lost. We all enjoyed the film including my husband which considering the type of film it was was a surprise. For those that haven't seen it it's largely a musical which my son and i love, well music/dance type themes. Upbeat which is just what i needed. We all stayed awake in the comfy seats so thumbs up.

Yesterday my son and i read the GWTCH 'Aspergers's Syndrome and Emotions' we only got half way through it and it provided for some conversation on both our parts regarding how we could relate to examples and situations. I hope to learn more as we continue through it but one thing it confirms is how we are all so individual and how we need to cater for that as we relate to others.

After a stressful afternoon, something i won't go into here i chatted to our son about something i came to realise when i was growing up. When i was young, i don't know how old to be exact i 'thought' my dad had the answer to everything, he appeared to be a fountain of knowledge but throughout my childhood i realised that this was not actually the case. Largely through situations we experienced as a family i realised that he was anything but and largely provided more things to question. Just because we grow up to be 'adults' doesn't mean we come with a reference book with all the answers. Yesterday proved that to me, whereas normally i try and resolve issues and explain situations i was suddenly faced with something i didn't have the tools to fix. I am still clueless this morning and what makes it worse was the implications made by others. So i will work on resolving whatever is going on feeling once again that whilst I'm not alone in this journey feeling supported is not always apparent. In desperation i called my mum having said to myself prior to doing so that mum won't have the answers but feeling as desperate as i did i just needed someone to talk to. As buddy referenced on My Big Fat Fabulous Life, sometimes we can't do it alone, we need help and sometimes i do......

No comments:

Post a Comment